Friday, July 5, 2013

A DIFFERENT STYLE

This month over at 
The challenge is to create a layout in a different style than you usually create.
for example if you are a textured/layered scrapper try clean and simple .


my style is usually very layered / textured, with attention to detail  
I chose to go simple - 
I used 2 photos
Not much distressing , lots of white space, no white gesso , tiny amount of layering, and no chipboard.
I had to add my signature stitching though .. LOL !
 I scraplifted snippetts of creative ideas from Gina, Kim and Sanna .


'DREAM '


I cut simple strips, and used some washi tape .
this is very simple for me .
I had lots of fun once I got into it .
I found it difficult not to use chipboard and diecuts ... 
I rather like the simplicity for a change though , I may even do some more in this style .
who knows ????

thanks Mel for the challenge 
I do hope I have inspired you all to have a play and join in the fun over at Kraft It Up 
I really would love to see what you come up with .
big hugz from me xoxox

14 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, love the simplicity of The LO and how have you put it together, love the stitching too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful layout Heather, it does look good, the stamping certainly adds so much, I think I shall use stamps much more in the future I have so many of them... lovely photos too.. and the hint of red is stunning.. I hope I get some time to do this one, but doing a layout that is different from the norm certainly will be a challenge... Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Heather this is still wonderful although not the true "Heather Style" we know and love. Was it really hard to walk away and just leave it as it is??? I looked at this challenge but I just don't think I can do it and walk away.....lol. Love the two tone photos side by side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even your simple style has more layering than I normally use. LOL I like all the stamping and washi strips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeee the simple and clean design from you! It's wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Heather. this is simply beautiful. I love it. Hope today was a good day - read your post the other day and sending lots of positive thoughts your way xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous lay-out! The combination of two photos in different colour combos looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is fantastic Heather .. you nailed the challenge !!!! Hugz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well this certainly is different! You rose to the challenge brilliantly though, even though to be really, really honest, I prefer your usual style.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still recognised you in the page without seeing your name when I saw it on Blog Lovin'. Beautiful girl and you still showcased her beauty with your stitched layers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Heather. A bit different but still it has 'Heather Jacobs' written all over it. Love the stamping and those pops of colour on the kraft background. Still classy, you can't hide real talent. Love it!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this! You have done a fabulous job of keeping it simple! WTG!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so unique and gorgeous, and your signature still shows very clearly that it is your layout.... think it is nice to step out and do something different at times, its a great learning curb. I really love this Heather. Been keeping Baden and yourself in my thoughts ...x

    ReplyDelete