Friday, November 1, 2013

Remembering Christmas Farm Stays

Hello and a warm welcome
 TO YOU ALL
today I am sharing a layout I created with the new 
Christmas collection from 
Deep and velvety colors reminding me of the richness of Christmas memories .

'REMEMBER '


I have fond memories  of our childhood Holidays on the farm . 
Our favourite Aunt Sylvia had a farm  a few kilometres out of Naracoorte,
 at a place called Lochaber .
 As children, my twin sister and I spent a great deal of time in the school holidays on the farm with Auntie Sylvia. 
She had a pianola which we played constantly, it is a wonder we didn’t drive her crazy !!
Such amazing memories with milking cows, table tennis, music, singing, late nights, laughter, delicious food, great company.  Auntie Sylvia really was the best !!! love these memories x

I cut the leafy dies and flowers with assorted papers
 and twisted them around the chipboard door .
 I adore the finished effect when cutting dies with these papers, as I never know what colors will be in the cut pieces … this makes my layouts very organic and unique .


The chipboard door is altered by painting with gesso first . The Next step is adding the  ink. I used lime, slate and burgundy. I finished of the effect  with Tim Holtz crackle paint .
 My aim was to mimic  an old broken down door to the potting shed on the farm.



A cluster of elements, including the white paper flowers and more of the dies twisting their way around my page .
 By looking closely you may spy the Tim Holtz metal name plate which I altered in the same manner as the door .

Items used from Megs Garden
Christmas Flowers
P6362
Christmas Plaid
P6365
Christmas Cherries
P6363
Tim holtz Ornate Plates
th92787
Azaleas – paper
Thanks for checking out these papers.
they are perfect to get you started on cards and layouts ready for Christmas cheer
thanks so much for dropping by and for taking the time to leave me some love.
Until next time 

Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Just saw this on fb, Love it!!! Absolutely exquisite!! Gorgeous layering as always ... a lovely tribute to the memories of spending Christmas with your Aunt. Magical!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, and I grew up on a farm and we always had our city cousins who stayed.. we had an old house with a long hallway too.. oh this brings back precious memories for me too.. a beautiful layout with your classic elements of stamping and die cut leaves.. Iove this.. perfectly precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what wonderful memories of your aunt. And your gorgeous layout is a beautiful tribute to those memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like the view from our passage at home when I was a child...so happy memories for me too. Exquisite art with all your trademark attention to detail....you made those papers sing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Heather this is so gorgeous, love the doorway :) great use of papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous! I love love love those colors, the layers and those beautiful flowers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous Heather and I loved your story, staying on farms is such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous LO Heather, I always admire all of details :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful arty LO, I always adore the way you put things together, so clever and out of the box. Love that string around the photo for instance, but the whole thing just looks fabulous, a wonderful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those touches of red are just soooo neat....love the 'wrapping' of the string, too.....beautiful use of the papers:):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning layout Heather!.... loving those die cut leaves!!!! and the touch of red too... Awesome... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout Heather! Love all the texture and the fab shabby door! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Heather...whatever you put your hand to is just pure perfection. Gorgeous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just simply amazingly, stunningly, BEAUTIFUL ! I love how you did the door. When I looked at this photo it brought back the memory ~ at my Mum's back door hung her coat and hat on a coat stand, which she put on to go out in the garden. When we were packing up the house it was the one thing I could not do, it broke my heart. I did take a photo and scrap a page of it. Anyway Heather this is Just so Beautiful
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so magnificent Heather, it sounds like you and your sister had beautiful memories....xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely adorable!!! Love it!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  17. totally love this, only hope I can maintain the high standard of work on this DT. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this Christmas one. The papers are beautiful and I love that door behind the photo. Such beautiful attention to detail...Love this.

    ReplyDelete