Monday, July 28, 2014

Stunning Holiday and a Swap with my beautiful friend Astrid .

I have just arrived home from a fabulous holiday in Sorrento, Victoria .
One of my highlights was 
 finally meeting my treasured friend Astrid Maclean from Scotland. 
Astrid and I met through Scrapbooking a few years ago .
oh how I adore this hobby!
we had the best time together. 
Before leaving Scotland Astrid and I decided to do a swap with each other .
I just loveeeeeeeeeeeeee what Astrid Made for me
a exquisite , mixed media, textured card with earthy tones .
and a little box full of diamond treasures .
Going straight into my treasure box . 
My gift Card from Astrid 






Thank you thank you so much Astrid , at the moment I have it sitting on my dresser 
where I can see it through the day .. loveeeeeeeeeeeee it so much xoxo
Here are some images of my gift to Astrid
I presented the tags in a decorated paper bag 
Graphic45 collection of papers .
"FRIENDSHIP "






I wrote a personal  hand written message for Astrid on the back of this kraft tag .

 and another card in a pocket for Astrid Birthday coming up in October 
Happy happy birthday Astrid .

 I wrote a birthday message on the back of the tag for Astrid 
such an amazing memory for me
I just love the way there re so many connections through scrapbooking , blogging and FB 
we are living in a sensational time 
thanks Astrid for your gifts and for being you .
you have a very special place in my heart
 and we will meet again for sure, and very soon 
lots of love and hugz x
here are a couple of shots from my  holiday in Sorrento .
Astrid and me at one of the lookouts xoxo

 Sorrento Pier 

 Mornington  Beach Sunset 


 Beach huts at Mt. Martha 

The Baths at Sorrento 
This is where Baden and I lunched with Astrid .
amazing food, company and right on the beach .
 sigh !!!!!
  
Beach at Rye - Mornington Peninsula 
Heronswood - Mornington
these gardens are beyond spectacular !
thanks for looking everyone 
this was a longggggggggg post , hope you enjoyed it all 
bye for now until we meet again 
love ya all x
Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. Your posts can never be to long for me...one of my most favourite visiting places!!! Just look at the two of you, you could have been family! Both your gifts to each other are so unique, and will surely be treasured...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this is just so cool. How wonderful to get to go away AND to meet up with a cyber buddy AND swap gorgeous gifts. Sounds perfect to me. Was it planned that you would both use earthy colours? Love that you are so in sync. Love the photos of Sorrento. I really need to come to Aus to visit. :D this is my happy place too. <3 Beautiful tags and gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wee Heather, love your cards to Astrid and Astrid card and gift to you....... looks like you had a wonderful time together,.... thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those photos - looks like a lovely holiday & what a bonus to meet up with your scrappy friend...you two have very similar work! All these projects are amazing & lovely:):) So glad you shared them here so I could drool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly did enjoy this post.. lovely gifts to each other, you are kindred spirits for sure.. love the holiday snaps too.. especially the beach huts.. how cute they are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your both cards are absolutely gorgeous! How wonderful that you got to meet up IR. The photos all look great! It seems like you've had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving what you made for her and what she made for you! And beautiful vacation photos!! Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful friendship you and Astrid have made! Both of you do beautiful work and the gifts you have made for each other are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Heather, what a lovely post! So wonderful that you and Astrid got to meet at last and I absolutely adore the gifts you made for each other. I used to live in Victoria and Sorrento was one of my favourite places, it is so lovely and peaceful there. I am so glad you had such a fabulous holiday! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. :D
    I adore both Astrid's and your work. It just makes me happy that the two of you should be friends!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for this wonderful post and all the great photos Heather!! We both know how special our friendship is!!! There was something magical about us meeting up and in such a wonderful place!! Yes we are soul sisters and I am so glad we finally met in real life! I love your work sooo much and will treasure your gifts, friendship and these amazing memories forever!!!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh and aaah! So much gorgeousness in this post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! I don't know which image to comment on! The cards, gifts, the photos - all sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The details are just incredibly detailed on all the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A long post? I was ohoooo..... It's over. Always enjoy visiting you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Outstandig projects from both of you!!!!
    I´m a big fan of you and Astrid, must have been a joyful meeting and I can imagine, that you have had enough to talk :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Heather! What an amazing post! LOVE the creations.....gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooo woww....this is beyond amazing...woww....the whole thing is just magical and sweet..not to forget MEMORABLE...I love both you beautiful people...xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What long post? It was over too soon for me. How lovely to meet a cyber friend IRL, to break bread together and exchange gifts. Scrap booking has lead to friendships around the globe because we are united by a common bond. Love, love, love the cards you gave each other...inspirational, as always and I also love the dramatic photos....I see some happy scrapping coming up :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely breathtaking to all the photos shown and projects... Maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Heather,
    Just popped across from Astrid's Blog to say hello and to comment on the wonderful gifts you made; your work is stunning and I can see why Astrid was thrilled with them, something to treasure indeed.
    May have to pay a visit to Mornington when we are next in Melbourne, I actually lived in Doncaster for 4years and did make a day visit there, but I had two kids in tow then and don't think I appreciated what was on offer. I envy you meeting up with the Scottish lass.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous art gift from Astrid and also yours to her. I just popped over from Astrids blog, and must say it's going to be fun to come back again & again :) Greetings from Canada, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Heather what a beautiful post. How wonderful you and Astrid finally met. Life truly is beautiful and blog land makes it all the more special for the wonderful people we meet. Your makes for each other are well.....to die for, just beautiful!! Thanks for sharing this special time with every-one. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  24. How Lucy both of you are to spend some time together. Two very talented artists!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Heather! I have been introduced to your blog by Astrid and after seeing your gorgeous art on her blog I knew I had to visit and join your blog! Amazing work! i can't wait to see more and will certainly be browsing around later on! Can't wait!
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete