Tuesday, March 31, 2015

April Mood Board - rich and velvety

Hi everyone and welcome to my blog 
Today I am sharing my take on the 
beautiful rich and velvety 

April Mood Board 

this month I decided to create a Card 
rich in texture, layering and dimension.


APRIL MOOD BOARD 


THIS MONTH 
I chose to use the blues complemented by the richness of the 
deep maroon / brown hues.


 because I felt these colors were very rich and velvety I used 
VELVET FLOWERS. 

I created with lots of the paints this month
if you have not already used these paints I suggest you give them a go 
they are perfect to use. 
so many colors to mix and match . 

The Dusty Attic products used .
Dusty in color 
Denim DA 0914
Alabaster DA 0902
Raisin DA 0909
Hot Chocolate DA 0923
Crackle Paint DA 0900

Mini Branches #2 DA 1121
Mini Heart Buttons  DA0682
Heart Arrows #2 : DA1026


Some of the mini branches are painted in Denim DA 0914

The others are in the maroon/brown hues. 
my process.
 To achieve the color on the mini branches 
I began with white (Alabaster DA 0902 ) 
then mixed the Raisin DA 0909 with 
Hot Chocolate DA 0923.. applied this to the chipboard 
and finished off with a coat of 
Crackle Paint DA 0900




I love the texture on this card .
At first glance of the April mood board
I found these colors confronting... 
but once I decided to mix some of the paints together 
I was really happy with the result ..

Dusty paints are just the best ..
stunning colors and quick drying .

Remember 
you may purchase the chipboard direct
 from the Dusty Attic website .


thanks so much for popping by
 and I do hope you are inspired to play with the April Mood board .
take care and happy scrapping
warm hugz from me x




19 comments:

  1. Gosh, it's a truly amazing card! I really like your cluster of flowers and your use of different textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Heather - this really is stunning! I love your take on the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like a bouquet on a page! Fabulous texture and the colours are YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Love what you did with those paints and such a gorgeous colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo this is rich and luxurious and absolutely beautiful, love the blues mixed with the deep browns. Gorgeous creating! And thank you for your lovely encouragement you leave on my blog too, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and those flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Heather! I love the rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Heather - I love the effect you were able to achieve with the paints and crackle on the chipboard. Also, the velvet flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very stunning card, Heather! Love the sewing and the oppulent flower bouquet!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I look at your Art Heather, I can't imagine you feeling confronted by any colour or any challenge. Another triumph of composition and divine clustering. Inspirational, as always. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous, gorgeous card! Love the tones on this! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very elegant card and such fabulous cluster!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Wow!! I looooove this card Heather!! So rich with colour and texture and absolutely stunning!! Love your take on the board!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely breathtaking card Heather!!! Gorgeous color combo, so rich and elegant! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is a beautiful card. I love the maroon with the blue grey... so elegant... I can't imagine you being put off by any colour even though you prefer monotones. I think you pulled it off with your usual flair. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. La textura és genial!. Els colors sorprenents!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A stunning card,i think its all been said.....what more can i say!!.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning colour combination, - love the contrasts, great textures too (of course) another master piece!!

    ReplyDelete