Sunday, March 1, 2015

MARCH MOOD BOARD - Dusty Attic

Hello my fellow scrappers 
hope you are all well .
Today I'm sharing my interpretation of the 

 MARCH MOOD BOARD 


I chose to use 3 colors from this board .
The lime green and the soft pink and lilac .
my BG is on white cardstock 

I covered my cardstock with a light coat of white gesso .
then proceeded to add the colors using a brayer .
it became very messy and some of the paper was so wet it began to peel !!
BUT 
this added to the final textured look of the BG 
another fabulous new technique for me
I added some texture paste with a stencil and then 
applied more color .

I was inspired by the words relaxed, refresh and enjoy .



BLISS 
 Baden and I often have romantic weekends away 
we find the most beautiful B and B's .
I love this white on white look .
so restful and pure bliss, in my opinion .

Dusty Attic Materials used 
Bird cage  DA0678
Vine frames #1 DA 1191
String Frame set  DA1181
Ferns  DA 0507
Ornate corner #13  DA 1137
Bookman ABC set  DA 0666
Dusty in color /jungle Green  DA 0920
Dusty in color / Alabaster  DA 0902
Dusty in color /Dusty pink  DA0907
Dusty in color / Sugar plum DA0908
Dusty in color /Storm cloud DA0924
Dusty in Color Clear Crackle Varnish   DA 0900


 the vine leaves are trimmed and placed on the string frame set
the colors are all from the dusty in color 
mixed and blended together
 to create different hues and tones 
to match with the mood board .

 more layers and color 





texture /color /and trimmed chippies .
Ornate corner #13  DA 1137
thanks for popping by
I hope you are inspired to have a play with some chippies.
REMEMBER
the chippies can be purchased directly from the Dusty Attic website .
stay safe and happy scrapping until next time x

22 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Beautiful from top to bottom! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolute magic. Your blending is so subtle and beautiful. I wish you would make a video of yourself at work. I would love to watch you create xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful! I love your work and study them. Thank U!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors and how you framed the photo!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Both the B&B and your lay-out look totally gorgeous! I just love the serene look, the beautiful circle frame and the flower details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhhhhh - that's the feeling I get looking at this incredibly gorgeous layout! Simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, so this is how I see it. The B&B is bliss....this PAGE is PURE bliss. Let's just get that straight! I could stare at it for hours - it would look super cool hanging up to just feel relaxed & taken away somewhere else for a bit. ADORE!!!!! And who'd KNOW the bg was almost peeling???!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously stunning! Love the detail, colors and composition. Always leaving here in aw! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page is pure and total bliss all in itself!! The colour is subtle and stunning and the textures are absolute perfection!! So exquisite!!! Love, love, love!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  10. J'adooooooore et je suis totalement fan Heather !!!!

    Peut on participer si on n'a pas d'embellissements de Dusty Attic ???

    Merci, douces pensées et encore : j'adore !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty, soft and oh so beautiful... really love the back ground with the stitching, and wonderful layering around your photo.. new fav for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so romantic and you have captured the essence of your breakaways wonderfully. I love the background and must remember to use my brayer. Another inspiring layout my friend :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sigh..... so soft, dreamy and beautiful. Love the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really pretty, I appreciate the softness and muted colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Heather this truly takes my breath away. Your talent is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, this layout is stunning, I just adore its serene beauty x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Un gran diseño. Puro, sereno. Me encanta como haces fluir los colores.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes it is restful and pure bliss. You've captured the light so perfectly in the photo and the page is the perfect foil for its soft beauty. Glorious colours and skilful blending of layers complete this outstanding page. "Sigh" I'd like to be as talented as you when I grow up :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is by far my most favourite of your layouts heather. when ever i feel down i just look at this blog of it and enjoy all the delightful detail you have put in to it. 10 minutes absorbed in this layout and i feel the serenity return. i aspire to be this good. thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete