Saturday, July 21, 2012

Garden of EARTHLY DELIGHTS

Happiness for me designing with papers from

'HAPPINESS'  

My title ‘Happiness’ expresses how I feel when surrounded by nature, flowers and my garden. From a very early age I discovered that through solitude, information was received and truths spoken. 
The magic I feel when working in my garden is so real . 
 The ‘Gifts of growth’,  soothe my soul.
For this layout I decided to use the beautiful red/pink charm of Anne-Le belle Jardin collection P6297 I wanted to showcase the papers to demonstrate how Meg’s papers can also be used to create a layout without lots of fussy cutting . The birdcage and  1 flower, are the only fussy cutting on this page, with the remaining paper being cut into strips and edged with borderpunches.
 I grow both red and pink flowers and this collection reminded me of my passion for nature . I used a combination of this beautiful collection with a strip of The Antionette Collection Scroll Rose Delight 3381. The paper doilies look so delicate and soft against the strong colors of the paper along with the contrast of the white cardstock .



I created some funky flowers with the Tim Holtz die cuts and added some Kaiser black sparklets and blossoms .. I just adore the velvet flowers from Meg’s  they add such richness and texture to a page. I chopped the flourish into pieces/ inked in black  and arranged around my photo
Items used from Meg’s Garden
Anne-Le Jardin Collection … French bird cage P6297
The antionette Collection .. Scroll delight 3381
German scrap w217b
Chipboard /Flourish
Doilie /notepaper rectangle
Velvet flowers / flat rose pink F38p
Tim Holtz tissue tape
Other items used
Cardstock..WHITE and LEMON
Kaiser blossoms and sparklets/black
Chipboard title ..” happiness “ by Imaginarium designs
Old playing Card … 9 of diamonds
Crafters workshop mask .. chicken wire
stamps Prima and EK border punches 

POP OVER TO MEG'S GARDEN 
to be inspired 
love and hugz Heather x


22 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous products Heather and beautifully used. Love your techniques in the latest Australian Scrapbooking Ideas, I've read it once but it wont be the last as I tend to read and re-read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rosettes and the old playing card you tucked in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh that's a gorgeous photo of you Heather - so glamorous!! Another stunning lo, I am esp taken with the heart. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous LO, and I love so much those chics rosettes, the laces. Beautifull

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Heather there is such a beautiful glow to this layout, it whispers happiness but shouts contentment!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful colour scheme. I really like the rosettes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olá Heather

    Amei sua página.... muito lindo a combinação de cores.
    Essas flores são lindas!

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that soft texture under the photo just adds the perfect touch to this beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning! I love this!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and your lo are just BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and loving all the flowers!!!!! Absolutely STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning pic, gorgeous colours and beautiful layout design Heather. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photo of you and a lovely page i like the colors and details.
    byeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful!!love all the details great work!! hugs janneke

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a lovely lush LO ....just as I imagine your garden is! IKWUM re getting into the garden...v therapeutic :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Soooooo beautiful Heather. I really love how the rich pinks and reds make this page "pop". xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful layout, really love how you incorporate 'everything' to perfection .... right down to colours! Love it so much .. and the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. happiness is seeing your layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. stunning and awesome page, love all the flowers , so richly positioned in perfect places, so love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is delightful Heather! I love how those glorious colors just pop off the white background. Love the use of black too. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  21. *sigh*.... Heather I really love this layout... I love the colors...the blooms... and your lovely photo... you are so my fave person!!!.... TFS and Thanks for the inspiration... hugs..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. The colours really are divine and so is your page Heather! those accordion blooms and the black elements, wowzer! xoxo

    ReplyDelete