Friday, July 27, 2012

GUEST DESIGNING AT GREEN TARA

Another layout designed with 
 beautiful  flowers
I want to say a 'BIG THANKYOU'
 to everyone at Green Tara for making me so welcome,
 I have thoroughly enjoyed the journey . 
Mwah to each of you x

here I am again to show you what I have been doing with some Green Tara goodies.

'JUST YOU'

One of my very fave colour combos is RED/WHITE/BLACK
I love to layer the papers behind the photo to draw the eye towards the focal point and create mystery, sometimes only small sections of paper are seen, ( less is more ),  but without that tiny piece the entire page can loose that important colour or design …
 just by adding tiny pieces of colour eg stamps /paper /fabric/ can be just what the page is needing.
Try experimenting with this idea and you will be surprised to  see how different the layout looks by adding or removing tiny pieces.  Always move elements around the page until you are happy.  Sometimes by adding a coloured brad, fills a tiny corner or edge to complete the page perfectly.



 I have created two clusters of flowers here on opposing corners … 
combining the red/black/white together.

The flowers are poked under the layers adding dimension and interest .

I have altered the large black Heirloom silk & organza flower 
by separating the petals and just leaving myself with a smaller flower and the remaining sections of the flower will be used on another project, at a later time. 

Green Tara Items used
3cm Cherry blossoms red
CODE FLC22R
3cm Cherry blossoms Red /white
CODE FLC22RW
3cm Cherry blossoms white
CODE FLC22Wh
4cm Black apple blossoms
CODE FDV044BL
4cm Red Apple blossoms
CODE FDV044R
title is available from
Other items
Bazzill cardstock, Basic Grey & Authentique patterned papers, Imaginarium designs chipboard title.
Thanks so much for popping by, and leaving me some love.
you are all so loyal and gorgeous,
 Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs from Heather xxoo

27 comments:

  1. Heather this is also one of my favourite colour combos and you've created an amazing layout for this special photo. I especially love the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Heather, definitely one of my favorite layouts of yours. You have showcased those blooms perfectly and I adore the stamped background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popped by to say a big "THANKS" for being our Guest DT for July Heather. Loooooove everything you did with our Green Tara goodies. This layout is totally awesome too. Love it.
    Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great LO Heather and thanks for the description! One of my dreams is to meet you in real life and get some scrapbooking lessons from you lol! Great colours, I so agree and I love the layers of stamping and papers, it's what makes your LOs so gorgeous and arty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet page cool layers and details and stiching stamping punching [no good english]and what not on your page.
    byeeeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh as always this look marvellous! and thanks for the tips too.. I will try and remember them!! Love this color combo and the flowers look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorei sua página... ficou linda demais!
    Parabéns pelo seu trabalho!

    Perfeito!

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS Heather!! I love love love the colors, the flowers and loving that title!! Congrats on the GDT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning! Bold, wonderful...love the color combo and all the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so much beauty in you to be able to do this...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the stitching and random doodling!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. As usual a gorgeous layout!! love the combo of red and black wow!! she is a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutelu gorgeous!! I love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love reading about your ideas of how you work, Heather. Thanks for sharing your design process for how you create these masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a stunning colour combo & I love what you've done! Such a gorgeous layout...from the photo, layering & stamping. I so love to see your creations, they are always so beautiful & inspiring...thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE LOVE LOVE Heather... the black, white and red color combo is divine... and I just love the stamping... an incredibly gorgeous layout...

    Hugs
    Jenny Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Heather, thanks for visiting my blog (it was quite some time ago now). Thought I would stop by and look at your work. So glad I did - OMGOSH you attention to detail with all of your stamping on this layout is amazing - I adore your work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goregous details and stunning photo....love what you did with the green tara blooms .... LOVE it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. *Sigh*

    This layout is absolutely STUNNING!!!! I love those blooms... the colors...and the borders too ....Hug...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning layout, Heather....love the striking colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This colour combination is so so you and love the white space and the different punched edges. And all of that flower goodness alongside the stunning photo.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful, simply beautiful! Congrats on your spot! Well deserved my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful Heather, love the simple colour scheme. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bold and strong, just so "you" Heather! lovely lovely stamping and beautiful floral clusters. Love your eye for the little details, always perfectly balanced and just so right! xox

    ReplyDelete
  25. So stunning! Love this page so much! :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Heather this is stunning! You amaze me every time hon! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete